The digital certificate is an electronic document that allows proving the identity of a person, company or website, on a digital/electronic environment, ensuring the online operations and the electronic exchange of documents, messages and data.
With the ICP Brasil digital certificate, it is possible to access the services of Brazilian Revenue Service, to sign electronic documents with legal validity, to authenticate oneself on websites, to sign the electronic invoice and much more.
Regarding the storage way and the effective period, the digital certificate can be of the following types:
- A1: The digital certificate is stored on your computer and is valid for 1 year;
- A3: The digital certificate is stored on an encrypted device (Token USB or Smart Card) and is valid for up to 3 years.
Regarding the use and purpose of the digital certificate, it can be of the following types:
- eCPF: Digital certificate for individuals, electronic version of CPF;
- eCNPJ: Digital certificate for companies, electronic version of CNPJ.
Currently, several sectors already use the ICP Brasil Digital Certificates in its activities. With this technology, you and your company are able to:
- Access the ICP Social Connectivity of Caixa eletrônica Federal (Brazilian Federal Savings Bank);
- Sign agreements;
- Monitor legal proceedings;
- Verify the authenticity of the information of Federal Gazette (online version);
- Send Income Tax Return through the internet;
- Recover information on the history of the returns;
- Access the services of Revenue Service website e-CAC, DIPJ, certificates, etc…);
- Send the IRPJ, the DCTF and the DIPJ;
- Prepare the Redarf;
- Create electronic power of attorney;
- Electronically monitor tax proceedings;
- Access online services of the Judiciary Branch (e-DOC, e-PET, etc…);
- Sign electronic invoices in order to issue them (NF-e certificate);
- Access several online services of the Government.